We are proud of our clinical research track record at Glaucoma Specialists! We have participated in numerous FDA regulated research trials. These have increased our patients’ quality of life and improved their chances of maintaining their vision. This is what have we done:
- We have done the seminal research allowing your doctors to use the alpha agonists class of eye drops (apraclonidine and brimonidine) to lower your eye’s pressures.
- We were involved with the phase III clinical team allowing latanoprost (Xalatan), the largest selling and most effective glaucoma medication to reach your pharmacists’ shelves.
- We have worked with Zeiss to develop the SITA software, which has reduced the time of your visual field testing.
- We have been among the first to evaluate scanning laser ophthalmoscopy to image the optic nerve.
- We have developed and were the first to use the Nd:YAG laser to revolutionize the therapy of angle closure glaucoma.
- We performed the dose response study evaluating the safety and efficacy of mitomycin C which enhanced the success rate of filtration surgery
Glaucoma Specialists is currently participating in a number of clinical trials that may offer new, safe, alternative therapies to our patients, assist patients with their drop compliance and help patients remember to take their drops. We will soon be evaluating alternative ways of delivering glaucoma medications to patients, hopefully minimizing the need for eye drops.
Ask our doctors to see if you qualify for one of our current studies!
If you qualify and decide to participate:
- You may be the first to get a promising new glaucoma treatment,
- Our doctors can learn more about your eye condition,
- Your patient information will be kept confidential,
- Study examinations are included,
- You may be compensated for your time.
Contact us for more information.